I was totally inspired by yesterday’s live teleclass with Jodi Womack, founder of No More Nylons and Women’s Business Socials, so I just had to write about a few of the highlights here for those who couldn’t be on live. Jodi rocks and her tips were invaluable.
We’re all looking for ways to consistently surround ourselves with a supportive, positive network of people who believe in our dreams and lift us up. Cultivating and nurturing a posse of positive, uplifting, enthusiastic people who have your back is a crucial part of creating our success and joy on all levels.
But, how can we expand our network of people who light us up? How do we simplify meeting, getting to know, and staying in contact with our network? Here are some tips from yesterday’s call to help you get started creating your own superstar empowerment network:
5 Keys For Attracting Supportive, Positive Peeps:
1) Be what you seek. BE that person who is supportive and positive toward others, and in turn, you will attract supportive, positive people into your corner. The energy you project is the energy you will receive in return, so be sure to bring it when you attend social and business events. Why? Because you’ll want the same thing in return if you ever happen to host your own business event, and this will be regardless of whether you do it online via online streaming with the help of places like Smart Works (https://www.smartworksevents.com/services/online-streaming/) or in a fully-packed business conference. Show people the real you, it may be your only chance to show them how good you are. Be sure to put that same energy and personality into your social media, especially if this is an integral part of your business or how you present yourself online. As part of attracting supportive people to you, you could also practice this in your social media concerns too. Consider using nitreo to help grow your following on Instagram organically so that you can interact with more likeminded people who will appreciate and enjoy your content.
2) Turn off traditional media – Begin subscribing to positive news and blog posts that make you feel supported and uplifted. Instead of negative news, try watching Ted talks, subscribe to uplifting blogs, listen to positive radio (I personally dig Hay House Radio’s free iPhone app). This will shift your internal energy and put you in a better place to attract people in to your life who are in line with all you wish to create.
3) Seek out people who are actually DOING – Look for ways to connect with those who are successfully creating for themselves the energy that you want in your life. Career, love, networks of friends, etc. Then, don’t be afraid to reach out. A great way to begin is to ask if there is a way you can be of help to them. Being of service to others is always a fabulous place to start.
4) Do what you LOVE. – Find a way to make what you like to do part of your networking. People will be drawn to you when you are living your passions. Find ways to incorporate things you love to do into your everyday work or projects. And, reduce the energy you spend on things you don’t love (I personally don’t love texting, so I try to use it only for quick plan making or to send addresses, phone #’s, etc.). I try instead to communicate by phone, email, or social media.
5) Carefully choose how you spend your time. – When an invitation doesn’t make your soul leap, consider saying no. Your time is valuable, so the more you spend it cultivating relationships and projects that feed your soul, the more empowered you will be. And, remember that just because an opportunity seems a bit uncomfortable doesn’t mean you should turn it down. Sometimes stepping outside of our comfort zone is exactly what we need to shake things up in super positive ways.
The best way to surround yourself with a network of people who will light you up and inspire you is to be that light for others. Start with kindness, being of service, and being genuinely interested in the passions of people you connect with. You may even discover some new passions of your own, in addition to amazing, soul-feeding friendships.
I must share these two fantastic moments that I had earlyer today. First my dear sister called me and invited me to spend this saturday with her and her family. She said that we could go out to the nature, to this wonderful place where we grow up. I have talked about this in so many years but it haven’t happened until now. This is a dream come true for me, to go back to the nature where I grow up, to go back to my roots!
At once I give a name to this day that will come, it is: THE PERFECT DAY!
Almost at the same time I red this wonderful blog post and it feels like it was not a coincidence, it was mean to be! When I think of that I was overwhelmed with happiness and get happy tears in my eyes.
Now i know for sure that we are all united, that we all share the same Universal Intelligence!
🙂 Have a fantastic time with your sister!
yes o luved this blog n i do try doing what u said to do the only people on my life are the true friends that i need in my life n when they start doin nagative things n bring in drama i tell them if they cant be more poisitive then they can be in my life til they start thinkin positive n i tell my family the same thing n u know it doesnt take them long to change there toon n o know they sum times do know they r being so negative tell i point it out