I was totally inspired by yesterday’s live teleclass with Jodi Womack, founder of No More Nylons and Women’s Business Socials, so I just had to write about a few of the highlights here for those who couldn’t be on live. Jodi rocks and her tips were invaluable.
We’re all looking for ways to consistently surround ourselves with a supportive, positive network of people who believe in our dreams and lift us up. Cultivating and nurturing a posse of positive, uplifting, enthusiastic people who have your back is a crucial part of creating our success and joy on all levels.
But, how can we expand our network of people who light us up? How do we simplify meeting, getting to know, and staying in contact with our network? Here are some tips from yesterday’s call to help you get started creating your own superstar empowerment network:
5 Keys For Attracting Supportive, Positive Peeps:
1) Be what you seek. BE that person who is supportive and positive toward others, and in turn, you will attract supportive, positive people into your corner. The energy you project is the energy you will receive in return, so be sure to bring it when you attend social and business events.
2) Turn off traditional media – Begin subscribing to positive news and blog posts that make you feel supported and uplifted. Instead of negative news, try watching Ted talks, subscribe to uplifting blogs, listen to positive radio (I personally dig Hay House Radio’s free iPhone app). This will shift your internal energy and put you in a better place to attract people in to your life who are in line with all you wish to create.
3) Seek out people who are actually DOING – Look for ways to connect with those who are successfully creating for themselves the energy that you want in your life. Career, love, networks of friends, etc. Then, don’t be afraid to reach out. A great way to begin is to ask if there is a way you can be of help to them. Being of service to others is always a fabulous place to start.
4) Do what you LOVE. – Find a way to make what you like to do part of your networking. People will be drawn to you when you are living your passions. Find ways to incorporate things you love to do into your everyday work or projects. And, reduce the energy you spend on things you don’t love (I personally don’t love texting, so I try to use it only for quick plan making or to send addresses, phone #’s, etc.). I try instead to communicate by phone, email, or social media.
5) Carefully choose how you spend your time. – When an invitation doesn’t make your soul leap, consider saying no. Your time is valuable, so the more you spend it cultivating relationships and projects that feed your soul, the more empowered you will be. And, remember that just because an opportunity seems a bit uncomfortable doesn’t mean you should turn it down. Sometimes stepping outside of our comfort zone is exactly what we need to shake things up in super positive ways.
The best way to surround yourself with a network of people who will light you up and inspire you is to be that light for others. Start with kindness, being of service, and being genuinely interested in the passions of people you connect with. You may even discover some new passions of your own, in addition to amazing, soul-feeding friendships.